FIX THE BOARD OF EQUALIZATION
- End Nepotism at the BOE. Connie will lead the fight to clean up an agency that has been plagued by nepotism, wasteful spending and corruption.
- Protect Proposition 13 and keep property taxes down.
- Prosecute Corruption. Support efforts to fully prosecute corrupt officials who abuse the public trust.
A PROVEN TAX-FIGHTER & FISCAL CONSERVATIVE
- Killed Billions in New Taxes. As Assembly Republican Leader, Connie helped kill billions in new taxes.
- Held Republicans together in 2011 to block the extension of the 2009 taxes, providing $1000 in tax relief for the average family of 4.
- Support repeal of the $52 billion car and gas tax hike.
- 100% rated the California Taxpayers Association
- 100% rated by the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association
- Rainy Day Reserve. Led successful efforts to Establish a “Rainy Day” Reserve for the state budget.
FOUGHT WELFARE FRAUD
- Stopping Welfare Fraud. Helped create a new fraud prevention program that requires fingerprinting and background checks for service providers and recipients to save state government tens of millions of dollars.
CUT GOVERNMENT WASTE
- Outlawed Pay Raises for Politicians During Budget Deficits.
Backed a new law to outlaw pay increases for state politicians when the state has a budget deficit. Source: SCA 8
- Eliminate Unnecessary Boards and Commissions. Supported legislation to save millions of tax dollars by eliminating boards and commissions. Source: AB 20xxxx
- Stand up to Cronyism by Demanding Competitive Bidding. Supported legislation, to require state departments to contract out to the lowest responsible bidder.
Source: AB 21xxxx
FIGHTING FOR OUR SMALL BUSINESSES
- Connie is a small business owner who was 100% rated by the National Federation of Independent Business
- Incentives to Create Good Paying Jobs. Supported a measure to give a competitive edge to companies that are creating jobs for Californians – rather than ones that simply do business here. Source: AB 15 xxx
- “New Hire” Tax Credit. Supported a targeted tax incentive that helped small businesses create new California jobs in the coming two years. The measure gave California small businesses a $3,000 income tax credit for each new, full-time employee hired. Source: AB 15xxx
WATCH SOME RECENT MEDIA INTERVIEWS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT WHERE I STAND
Pacific Research Institute Podcast
“The Conversation”, The ONME Network